THE Playhouse Company is holding auditions for young performers to join its Actors’ Studio, a resident company for recent graduates who hold a tertiary qualification in drama.
Young professionals with no less than three years practical stage experience will also be considered.
Successful candidates will join the Studio for eight months during which they will attend workshops and master classes to enhance their practical skills and developtheir talent in a professional theatre environment.
The Studio will also provide opportunities for its members to appear in Playhouse Company productions with established guest artists and to develop educational tours and outreach programmes.
Those interested in auditioning must prepare the following:
- Personal testimonies about their past involvement in the arts and motivation for wanting to be a part of the programme;
- A written idea for a play – provide a synopsis of a story with an attached rationale;
- A prepared monologue for audition – the pice must come from a South African writer;
- A list of other areas of interest within the arts;
- Two referees that the Playhouse can contact to verify commitment, discipline and drive.
Short listed candidates must also be prepared to participate in a two day workshop on Monday, August 7 and Tuesday, August 8 and be able to start immediately.
Auditions will be held on Monday, August 7 in Studio A1 (Playhouse Head Office, 29 Acutt Street, Durban). Please note that you might be required to wait for your audition.
Booking is essential.
Contact Pam Makhanya on 031 369 9409 between 9 am and 12 noon and 2 pm and 4 pm by August 3.