New York-based Jann Klose returns to South Africa next month for his second tour to the country he grew up in. The multi-award-winning pop singer-songwriter and was raised in Kenya, South Africa, Germany, and the United States and now lives in New York City.
South Africa has always held a special place in his heart and he’s excited for his tour next month.
“I am so excited to return for the second time in a year to tour in South Africa. I spent part of my childhood in Johannesburg,” Klose said.
“It still is a place of great beauty and enormous potential. I’m looking forward to partnering up with South African artists this time and hope to build connections between South Africa, my native Germany and my country of residence, the USA.”
Klose kicks off his tour on Saturday, September 3 in Cape Town, spending 13 days in the Mother City. Klose then travels down to Port Elizabeth on Saturday 17, September and to Johannesburg on September 23.
Klose has periodically collaborated with members of classical rock group Renaissance and tours regularly in the US, Europe, Africa and Asia.
He has opened for or performed with a wide range of artists including Pat Benatar, John Oates of ‘Hall and Oates’, Suzanne Vega, Paula Cole, Annie Haslam, Brett Dennen, Vonda Shepard, Willy Porter, Rosanne Cash, The Byrds’ Roger McGuinn, The Yardbirds’ Jim McCarty, Elliott Murphy, Pete Seeger and Les Paul.
His tour to South Africa sees him share the stage with Majozi, Laurie Levine and Josie Field, The Graeme Watkins Project (for a special acoustic set in Johannesburg), Jonathan Tait, Donovan Noyle, Matthew Rice Trio, Cameron Bruce Collective and others.
Watch the music video for Jann Klose’s single MAKE IT BETTER at https://www.facebook.com/jann.klose/videos/1035823706495518
NEED TO KNOW
Cape Town gigs
- September 3 at 7 pm at the Cottage Club with the Cameron Bruce Collective. Tickets R150 at the door. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 782 0931.
- September 4 to 11 – Music Exchange & Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) songwriter camp.
- September 12 at 7 pm at the Barleycorn Music Club. Tickets R30 at the door.
- September 14 at 7 pm at The Alma Cafe with the Matthew Rice Trio and others. Tickets R30. Book at 021 685 7377.
- September 15 with Majozi at the Blah Blah Bar. Tickets R110. Go to http://www.citysoiree.co.za/events/jann-klose-usa-majozi/ for more details.
- September 16 at Cafe Roux with Majozi and Jonathan Tait. Book at http://www.webtickets.co.za/event.aspx?itemid=1461459612
Port Elizabeth gigs
- September 17 at The Music Kitchen with Majozi and Donovan Noyle. Go to https://www.facebook.com/events/158926537844998/ for more details.
- September 23 at The Good Luck Bar with The Graeme Watkins Project and Josie Field & Laurie Levine. Inquiries: http://melissaconradieagency.nutickets.co.za/jannklose or https://www.facebook.com/events/1561305850843591/
WHO IS JANN KLOSE?
- 2016 saw Jann Klose release his duo album STEREOPTICON, recorded with Grammy-nominated guitarist Gary Lucas and lyricist Dan Beck.
- Jann’s most recent solo album, MOSAIC (2013) entered the Roots Rock charts at #22 and won three 2014 Independent Music Awards. The record also made the first round of the 2014 Grammys in the categories pop vocal album and album of the year.
- He has performed as an actor and singer in touring companies of Broadway musicals, including Jesus Christ Superstar, Jekyll & Hyde and The Who’s Tommy.
- In 2005, the off-Broadway production Moonlight Interior, a musical based on Klose’s music, premiered in New York City.