Due to overwhelming demand, Pieter-Dirk Uys has added an extra performance of An Evening with Evita Bezuidenhout which is being staged at the Hexagon Theatre at the University of KwaZulu-Natal Pietermaritzburg campus at 3pm on Saturday, February 25.
Spend some quality time with the most famous white woman in South Africa, a legend in her own lunchtime thanks to her cooking, an icon who can confront any aikona and share with her the optimism and fearlessness that has made her one of the most respected voices in our wilderness of free speech.
It is said when history repeats itself, it can take tragedy and turn it into farce. So banish the blues. Come and enjoy the blacks, whites, browns, yellows and ‘others’ that make up this unique country of our dreams. As long as we can laugh at our fear, we are still in charge of our future.
An Evening with Evita Bezuidenhout is part of a double bill of Uys’ shows. He is also presenting The Echo of a Noise – a one-man memoir in which South Africa’s foremost satirist opens his heart and talks about his private and public life and shares stories that can evoke surprise, laughter and tears.
- Tuesday, 21 February at 7.30pm – The Echo of a Noise
- Wednesday, 22 February at 7.30pm – The Echo of a Noise
- Thursday, 23 February at 7.30pm – An Evening with Evita Bezuidenhout
- Friday, 24 February at 7.30pm – The Echo of a Noise
- Saturday, 25 February at 3pm – An Afternoon with Evita Bezuidenhout
- Saturday, 25 February at 7.30pm – The Echo of a Noise
Tickets are R150 (R120 concessions) at www.webtickets.co.za