The 2015 auditions for the uShaka Search For The Stars competition, hosted by uShaka Marine World in Durban, in partnership with the Department of Arts and Culture, get underway this weekend – and uShaka chief executive officer, Stella Khumalo, says she is excited to see what talent emerges from the competition.
Open to both amateurs and professionals, uShaka Search For The Stars boasts a number of categories that need to be filled with deserving talent.
If you are a dance group, the judges are looking for a minimum of three dancers specialising in one or more of the various dance styles, from pantsula, contemporary, local, international, Indian, Tswana, tin dancers, football dancers, hip hop dancers, Isigekle, kwaito dancers, Ingoma yamantombazane, uShameni and gumboot; so start practicing your routines in order to ensure you produce a quality performance on the day of the auditions.
Acapella singers, wedding singers, hip hop singers, Kwaito singers and Afro Gospel singers are also encouraged to enter (four group members or more), as well as professional bands.
Auditions will be taking place at the following places:
- August 22 – Zululand District (Indonsa Arts Centre in Ulundi)
- August 23 – uMgungundlovu District (Winston Churchill Theatre in Pietermaritzburg)
- August 29 – uMkhanyakude District at Hluhluwe – Phumulani Town Hall
- August 30 – Ugu District (venue to be confirmed)
- September 12 and 13 – at uShaka Marine World in Durban
- September 19 – Harry Gwala District (Bulwer Arts Centre)
- September 20 – uThungulu District (venue to be confirmed)
For more information about the auditions, contact Shaun Mbatha at 031 328 8008 or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org